- Tails should be docked within
a few days of birth. Optional removal of dew claws done at the
- Ear Cropping is optional for
show and pet Boxers in Canada. If you wish to crop your pup
it should be done between 7 and 9 weeks of age and your breeder
should advise you as to taping and after care.
- Show males must have two testicles
descended into the scrotum. A dog with undescended testicles
may not be shown in Conformation but makes a fine pet and is
still eligible for entry into Obedience Trials and other events.
- White Boxers or Boxers with predominately
white background colour are a disqualification in the breed
standard and cannot be shown nor should they be bred. Breeders
who belong to National Breed Clubs will not register white puppies.
- Avoid the unusually quiet, inactive
puppy or the one that shys away from you. This could mean a
fault in temperament or even ill health.
- Puppies should remain with their
littermates until the age of 8 weeks for proper socialization.